Lubuntu countdown clock

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:35:09 UTC 2012

There were much better approaches in my humble opinion rather than using
"stealing" with "an open source project" but I think we are ok now and I'm
sure you understand what was going on :)

We might approach you in the future so thanks for that generous offer of
yours :)

Take care and if you need anything about Lubuntu, please don't hesitate to
ask!

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Corbin Davenport <
corbin.d at corbindavenport.com> wrote:

>  Ah, now I get it. I never saw the blog post while trying to figure out
> who made it, so I assumed (perhaps quickly) that a site admin threw it
> together. Also don't bother taking it out (it's only a few more days until
> 12.04 anyways), I just wanted to know where it came from. In all honestly,
> I really don't care a whole lot what people do with the code, I'm kind of
> interested (that's why I wanted to be contacted :P).
>
> Anyways, hope this is all squared away now. And you know who to ask if you
> need one for 12.10 ;)
>

> On 04/23/2012 06:29 AM, 神癒礁湖 wrote:
>
> Hi, Corbin.
>
> It was me who "stole" the code, as you published it in a public form at
> your site and some other blogs. It's true, it doesn't specify any license,
> but I mentioned it. I mentioned the creation author at my personal blog and
> it was so reflected on Ubuntu planet. Here's the blog entry:
> http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com.es/2012/03/lubuntu-countdown.html
>
> You're right, I didn't contact you, just took the old code and modified
> it, but always mentioning you, of course. But, because it's not my
> intention to have any misunderstood or problem with anybody, if you want
> I'll take it out immediatly and trying to replace it with some other
> counting solution.
>
> Thanks and my apologies for the inconvenience.
>

> On dg, 2012-04-22 at 15:23 -0600, Corbin Davenport wrote:
>
> I hope this is the right email :)
>
> I was going to go download Lubuntu for my netbook when I saw the Lubuntu
> 12.04 countdown on the home page. Looking at the code I can see that a site
> administrator modified my Ubuntu countdown clock I submitted for the 12.04
> LTS contest, uploaded it to Dropbox<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/133108/lubuntu/widget.html>,
> and embeded it on the Lubuntu site. They even kept the Analytics.
>
> I love Lubuntu and LXDE and all, but it is just plain stealing if they
> don't put credit. I am kindly asking Lubuntu's site admins to either put
> credit to me at the bottom of the clock, or remove it. If the site
> developers wished for a Lubuntu-themed countdown clock, they could have
> contacted me with the email next to my entry. Reply if you need any more
> information of any kind.
>
>  --
>

> [image: Corbin Davenport] <http://www.corbindavenport.com/>
>

>   --
>
>   [image: Go to Lubuntu blog] <http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com/>   [image:
> Go to Lubuntu.net] <http://www.lubuntu.net/>
>

> --
> [image: Corbin Davenport] <http://www.corbindavenport.com/>

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>