[lubuntu-devel] There is/was still the whole issue of problems w/Add'l Driver

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:52:36 UTC 2020

Walter:

Yep, back in the PPC days "we all" wished that we could use nouveau, but
instead had to do some complicated configuring in the black display to get
"nv" to work . . . .  I'm more or less an "end user" of OSs . . . although
sometimes I run a distributed.net "crunch" on OSX . . . .  It wasn't until
I started having issues with "suspending" my MacPro in Siduction and I
believe in OpenSUSE that I had folks saying, "go to proprietary drivers" .
. . but, then yes, that did bring in some upgrading problems . . . problems
that generally "Add'l Drivers" makes easy.

I'm just looking for more or less "basic function" and so far in switching
back to nouveau the suspend function doesn't seem affected . . . .  I would
tend to agree that the "apps are the apps" in the ubuntu world . . . just
reporting my recent experience where they didn't match up in use . . .
20.04 v 20.04.