[lubuntu-devel] [Lubuntu 17.04 Discussion] mkusb

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me
Fri Oct 28 23:02:45 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I would like to update you all on getting mkusb in the Debian and Ubuntu
repositories for 17.04.

Since I lack upload rights to either repository, it's a bit of an issue
there. I was told to file an RFS bug to get some help getting that into
Debian Sid. I uploaded it[1] to mentors.debian.net if anyone knows a
Debian Developer who would be willing to upload it. In the meantime,
I'll file that bug sometime this weekend.

Once it goes into Debian Sid, a MOTU (*ahem* Julien ;) ) can sync it to
Ubuntu. It then goes into the NEW queue[2] and gets looked over by the
Ubuntu Release Team. I'll then speak up and claim responsibility for it,
I'll answer any questions they might have, get another upload into
Debian if necessary, then it will go into the development release.

After this, we can discuss getting it on the Lubuntu seed.

Any thoughts?

[1] https://mentors.debian.net/package/mkusb
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/zesty/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=

--