[lubuntu-devel] [Lubuntu 17.04 Discussion] LXQt

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me
Mon Oct 31 22:06:51 UTC 2016

Hey Walter, sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

>> Until then, once
>> uploaded to the usual Qt staging PPA
>
> What's the ETA on this?

A month or less, I think. I'm not sure. Ask the Qt Release Team. ;)

>> we could rebuild all of LXQt
>> against it in a PPA (which would have a dependency set on the Qt PPA)
>
> Have you made any progress on this?

Not yet, waiting until Qt 5.7.1 gets released and in the appropriate PPA.

>> LXQt 0.11 is currently in Debian Sid, and Julien
>> and myself have started discussions for getting that in Ubuntu.  Today I
>> plan to look over what's left for that and see what to do from there.
>
> Got a process report?

Process or progress? Because I can provide either.

>>  6. Ask for testing and public opinion on the packages that we have
>> installed by default.
>
> What are these going to be? Any packaging that needs to be done there?

Not that I'm aware. The only thing that comes to mind is the email
client, and as far as I remember the Kubuntu folks are packaging that
up. If they aren't, I'll be happy to.

>> The main question I have here is, do you think that we can get
>> everything on this list done before 17.04 is released (keeping in mind
>> archive freezes)?
>
> I have a suspicion our biggest challenge is going to be those packages.
> Especially given they may have their own packaging requirements, not to
> mention all the bickering about which app is best, we need to make some
> quick movement. Maybe we should just pick the top choices from the
> blueprints and go with it? If we can jump that hurdle, great.

Well of course the QA team needs to do Testing, Testing, then More
Testing to ensure that we pick the most lightweight and least buggy
application. But I'm all for it.

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me