[lubuntu-devel] Spreadsheet for testing RAM for installing. Was: Re: non pae

Phill. Whiteside phillwuk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:45:59 UTC 2016

Okies,

for ubiquity, we already know it needs more RAM to run, than lubuntu needs
to run.... on the 'get lubuntu' page [1] We state under 700MB  RAM is
minimum for ubiquity. If you are happy to lower that to 256MB I'm happy to
make the edit :)

For Alternate, we should be able to probe down to the lowest level that
lubuntu will actually run on (with the proviso of a browser eating up
resources - which is covered in those notes[2])

1.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu%2B1#Types_of_installation
2.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall+1#Low_Resource_Browser