[lubuntu-devel] non pae

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 08:14:36 UTC 2016

Den 2016-03-12 kl. 08:34, skrev Henk Terhell:

>>> Hi Nio
>>> At boot option in the installation on my desktop I added mem=224M. There
>>> was no progress shown after some 20 minutes spinning of the dvd and I
>>> stopped it.
>>> But at mem=256M the installation with manual partitioning went smoothly.
>>> The memory usage is now 135 MB right after boot. It increases over time
>>> to 145 MB without any input.
>>> Looks like a neat value for L16.04 i386.
>>>
>>> Henk
>>>

>> Yes Henk,
>>
>> It is a neat value.
>>
>> - Is it with the desktop iso file or alternate iso file?
>>
>> - Can you also tell us also about the computer (at least CPU and
>> graphics chip/card)?
>>
>> Thanks for testing :-)
>> Nio
>>
> It is with the Xenial desktop ISO daily build 20160311
>
> Here is the profile:
> https://gist.github.com/f5e450fe6d09783d83ae
> It is an Acer Aspire desktop with AMD Sempron 3400+ single core
> Additional Graphic card NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] but
> NVIDIA proprietary driver has not (yet) been installed. Henk

Thanks again Henk,

This is a typical computer for Lubuntu i386, so it is a good benchmark

- minimum RAM for installing = 256 MB

-o-

The specification sheet at

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-210/specifications

tells me: 'Standard Memory Config 512MB'. I guess this memory is used
with nouveau, and the computer will need less RAM compared to graphics
that grab part of the RAM.

Best regards
Nio