[lubuntu-devel] Testing Lubuntu Alternate i386 version 20160727

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 22:46:46 UTC 2016

Hi again,

I think this is a problem of the encoding of the characters. UTF-8 uses
'two character' encodings for certain characters, and you can set the
encoding for some software (for example editors, word processors,
terminal windows).

Example: In 'xfce-terminal' there is

Edit - Settings - the Advanced tab

where you can set the encoding.

I hope this can give you a clue where to look for a solution. Use a
tool, that you can control, even if it is not the standard tool for Lubuntu.

Best regards
Nio