Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS due 4 January

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 3 17:38:22 UTC 2016

It's a little strange, but we're [releasing Alpha 1 a bit late][1], with
the due date of this Monday, 4 January. Images are already up on the ISO
tracker and most tests are done. However, if you'd like to do some
additional testing and hunt for other bugs, that would be most appreciated.
As always, help with bug triage would be delightful, as well.

I do want to point out that that we have literally zero tests done for PPC.
I would like to remind you that LTS is our target for PPC, so if we don't
have adequate testing, then we will not be releasing a PPC image and our
next opportunity to have a PPC release will be in 2018! So please go test.

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work in making Lubuntu better!

[1]:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2016-January/003497.html

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike