Ubuntu Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS due 4 January for participating flavors

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 3 04:33:49 UTC 2016

As I'm sure you've noticed, Alpha 1 is coming later than expected.
Originally slated for 31 December, we're now planning on release on Monday,
4 January (though there is [some suggestion][1] of Thursday the 7th).

Thus it's time to get testing the first milestone of the year! Images for
participating flavors only are available on the [ISO tracker][2].

Release Managers, please make sure to leave release notes and download
links on the [Alpha 1 wiki page][3].

I'm handling community checklist tracking this milestone, so please keep me
updated on how testing is coming along, on any showstopper bugs, and when
we can mark images ready to go or not, when release notes are ready.

Let me know if there are any other questions, comments, or concerns.
Thanks!

P.S. if you haven't put QA tasks on Google Code-In, now is the time!

[1]:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2016-January/003496.html
[2]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/353/builds
[3]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/Alpha1

@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
Ubuntu Oregon Team Leader
Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-organizer