[lubuntu-devel] new Beta 1 images available with ubiquity fix!

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 24 20:37:49 UTC 2016

We finally have a fix for the [ubiquity issue][1] that was causing
installer crashes on the desktop images. The fix we had before was a
partial and this is the other half of the equation. We should be good now.

I have rebuilt all the images and confirmed the desktop images have
the 2.21.46 version of ubiquity. I have word from the Xubuntu team that
they're not seeing the problem, so things are looking good.

So please get on the [QA tracker][2] test those desktop images!

Only problem: I got too excited and rebuilt the alternates images which
didn't need it. If you could all give them a once over that would be great.

Don't forget we're releasing Beta 1 on Thursday (read: tomorrow), so all
hands on deck, please!

And please don't forget PPC users, this is your time to shine! Only you can
make sure we have an LTS release for PPC machines!!!!

To everyone that has helped so far: thank you so much. It's awesome that
you're making the new version of Lubuntu available for users all over the
world!!! Your contributions are so appreciated!

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1547956
[2]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/357/builds

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike