[lubuntu-devel] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1547956

Brendan Perrine walterorlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:04:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:37:53 +0100
Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK Phill,
>
> I'll be back, when I have tested and know more about it.
>
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2016-02-24 kl. 20:34, skrev Phill. Whiteside:
> > Hi Nio,
> >
> > I don't know and have no test kit to try it upon. You can file a bug
> > against the mini-iso and see if one of the devs can resolve it. If the
> > server iso works, then it *may* be a quick fix that has not been
> > applied. The more information you can provide, the better its chances :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Phill.
> >
> > On 24 February 2016 at 18:31, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com
> > <mailto:nio.wiklund at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Den 2016-02-24 kl. 19:25, skrev Phill. Whiteside:
> >     > Hi Nio,
> >     >
> >     > in answer to your question on the bug comments, I've emailed Colin to
> >     > ask if he has an ETA for his corrective bug fix to filter down.
> >     >
> >     > If it does land in time, Walter can re-spin the desktop images.
> >     > Thankfully, we still maintain the alternate images for when ubiquity
> >     > system "checks in sick" and vice-versa for if debian installer has a
> >     > "bad hair day" :)
> >     >
> >     > Kindest Regards,
> >     >
> >     > Phill.
> >     >
> >     >

> >     Hi Phill,
> >
> >     Thanks for asking Colin! I hope we get the ubiquity bug-fix in time, but
> >     yes, I'm glad we have the alternate isos now :-)
> >
> >     By the way, do you know if the alternate amd64 iso works in UEFI mode?
> >     The mini.iso did not last time I tried, but the Ubuntu Server iso did
> >     work. If you don't know, I'll download it and check (could be good for
> >     the release notes).
> >
> >     Best regards
> >     Nio

I think I can test it as well maybe. But do not remember it booting last time I tried.

I would also think reporting a bug on mini.iso is a good idea. I could see usecases if say you had a uefi laptop that is off warranty but with a touchpad that is not the best working condition. With mini.iso and a tiling window manager you could still be productive on this hardware which might be better than other things people using lubuntu have. I also would not want to do something like manual partitioning on a touchpad that I know gets a bit flakey sometimes and that is hard for keyboard only.
--
Brendan Perrine <walterorlin at gmail.com>