[lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS Beta 1 milestone images available, due Thursday 25 Feb

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 23 23:16:13 UTC 2016

Images for the Beta 1 milestone of Lubuntu Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS are now
available on the [QA tracker][1].

If your computer has a battery, whether you're using a VM or bare metal,
note that there's a [global problem][2] with ubiquity crashing (perhaps due
to upower or dbus), so the desktop images are not working unless you remove
the battery.

There is some suggestion that the desktop image's check for media defects
does not work. This has been reported in GNOME and Lubuntu, but we were not
able to verify it in Xubuntu. Please check every single architecture you
can and report what you find on the [bug report][3].

Those are some annoying things to deal with, especially with release of the
milestone being only days away, so please help in any way you can.

Also, PPC folks, don't forget this is an LTS. This is your time to help!!!!!

If we can make it through this, maybe we can push some upstream LXDE fixes
through so we can make this a really nice LTS.

[1]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/357/builds
[2]: http://launchpad.net/bugs/1547793
[3]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/1547302

--