[lubuntu-devel] No Sound in 14.04.4-beta on PPC

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:22:41 UTC 2016

On 02/11/2016 05:54 PM, Herminio Hernandez Jr.  wrote:
> modprobe snd-aoa-i2sbus
>
> Then run alsamixer and set the PMU channel to 75

Thanks.  The snd-aoa-i2sbus loads but alsamixer won't run.  I get an error:

 cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

If I look for audio devices with aplay -l, it complains that none are found.

 aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

Searching around on the net gives little info, but trying to reload alsa
shows these:

 $ sudo alsa force-reload
 snd-pcm snd-aoa-codec-tas snd-aoa snd-seq-midi snd-seq-midi-event
 snd-rawmidi snd-seq snd-seq-device snd-timer

Is there a next step to take?

Regards,
Lars