[lubuntu-devel] Lubuntu IRC meeting in 10 minutes

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:19:06 UTC 2016

Den 2016-02-10 kl. 22:22, skrev Brendan Perrine:

> On 02/10/2016 10:46 AM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>> Just a heads up, in case you forgot, that we have an IRC Meeting for
>> the Lubuntu project in 10 minutes at #lubuntu-devel on Freenode.
>>
>> Agenda and more is here:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings/Agenda
>>
>> --
>> @wxl | http://polka.bike
>> Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
>> Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
>> Ubuntu Oregon LoCo Team Leader
>> Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
>> Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-Organizer
>>

> I unfortanetly slept thruogh it after having family events keep me up
> last night but have read the logs at
> http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/lubuntu-devel/2016/lubuntu-devel.2016-02-10-19.15.moin.txt
>
> One thing on manual tests for LXQt is important but I think we might
> need one way to organize the testcases a blueprint maybe? If you want to
> help out with this but don't know where to start the basic documentation
> for writing manual tests
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/ContributingTestcases/Manual

Hi everybody,

Sorry, I had forgotten about the meeting and the computer was shut down,
when the 'heads up' message from Walter arrived :-( It would increase
the chances that I can attend the meeting, if there is a 'heads up'
message one day before the meeting.

I'm glad to notice that it seems like a good meeting :-)

-o-

Have you discovered the new, simplified and reliable version (0.3.2) of
the Ubuntu Startup Creator alias usb-creator-gtk in Xenial Xerus? I
suggest that we ask for it to be backported to 14.04.4. (Is it the right
word, or should it be SRU'd or something else?) If too late for 14.04.4,
there should be plenty of time to get it into 14.04.5 LTS.

This version is no longer messing with syslinux and grub. It clones the
iso file like the standard method in mkusb. This version cannot create
persistent live drives, but it is very reliable for regular live-only
drives.

mkusb (or other tools) can be used in the relatively few cases, when
persistence is needed.

Last but not least, I have been busy with RL issues, but I have not
forgotten about getting mkusb into a debian repo. I hope I will have
more energy and better luck soon.

Best regards
Nio