[lubuntu-devel] Some stuff I learnt whilst installing lubuntu 15.10 64 bit desktop image

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:00:56 UTC 2016

Hi Phil,

On 31 January 2016 at 23:13, Phill. Whiteside <phillwuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> well as we approach the 'funnies' land of one off bugs. Can you boot the
> media and run the self test on it, that means we know we have a clean burn
> of the iso to the DVD. You may also want to try out the alternate image,
> which will fit on a CD - But with 1GB RAM, even if shared by video card.
> Also, do not select the update while installing, if there is a hiccup in
> the internet connection it will fail.

Was able to work on other (household) things whilst my computer was going
through its paces.

Here are the results...
1. Boot the lubuntu 15.10 desktop AMD64 DVD-R & run self-test. Succeeded.
The disc is fine.
2. Download the lubuntu 15.10 alternate AMD64 iso, burn onto CD-R. Had to
go to cdimage.ubuntu.com for that. Couldn't find it in releases.ubuntu.com.
Succeeded.
3. Wiped the first bit of the hard disc with dban - let is run for roughly
2% of the disc.
4. Installed lubuntu 15.10 alternate AMD64 iso CD-R with no errors. Success.

Also, when I am working on I.T. stuff, I have an A5 (paper, hardback)
notebook for rough notes and to-do list. I also have other notebooks for
"tidy, summarised notes".

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -