[lubuntu-devel] Testing 32-bit systems on a Dell Latitude CPx J650GT laptop

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:03:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a rather cranky Dell Latitude CPx J650GT laptop. It only has a CD
ROM drive and so I can install released Lubuntus, courtesy of the net boot
iso. However, pre-release isos won't fit on a CD-R. How difficult would it
be to generate net boot isos of Lubuntu pre-releases?

I've spent a fair amount of time this evening trying to get it to boot from
USB but failed.

On boot up, when I press F2 to access the BIOS setup menus, the first BIOS
setup screen appears but the computer hangs and ignores all key presses.
You have to hold the power button down to switch the system off. It might
be corrupted BIOS data causing the problem. Any ideas on how to fix it?

TIA,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software