[lubuntu-devel] alternate beta1

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:14:30 UTC 2016

Hi Simon,

I see that you are testing now.

I tested the i386 iso file, and failed to get wired internet (ethernet).

Hi everybody,

If you know a bit more about networking, please suggest which package
should be addressed in the bug report (if another package than
debian-installer). We would also be happy to get tips about a workaround.

---
The network bug is partially squashed in the new beta 1 iso file dated
20160825.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/366/builds/129612/testcases/1437/results

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1616400

The network is available duing boot, but the installed system does not
connect automatically via ethernet as it should.

With the previous iso file, I could not connect at all, now I can
connect via wifi, so there is an improvement.

I don't know if this is another aspect of the bug 1616400, that the
installer did not create a good installed system, or if it is a new bug,
and in that case where to report it. (Wired network is greyed out in
nm-applet.)

Tested in
http://www.toshiba.se/laptops/satellite-pro/c850/satellite-pro-c850-19w/
---