[lubuntu-devel] testing on the Raspberry Pi 3

Isaac Carter icarter1391 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:27:58 UTC 2016

I have been using and testing out Lubuntu 16.04 on the Raspberry Pi 3. I
have updated/upgraded everything today (4/2/2016) and here are some issues
that I have come across.

1. The time on the taskbas is incorrect. The hour is correct, but the
minutes are always on either ":03" or ":04". I checked the "Time and Date"
under "System Tools" to make sure the configurations are correct. Changing
the configuration to "Manual", shows that the system has the correct hour,
minutes, and seconds.

2. Chromium is no longer working. When selected, the window opens, then
closes after several seconds. Chromium was working correctly until the past
week when I updated/upgraded Lubuntu. I have removed and reinstalled
Chromium and still experiencing the same problem.

3. The "Application Launch Bar" leaves applications in place even though
they are unistalled from the system. I had added Chromium to the
Application Launch Bar, but removed Chromium from the system when testing
the Chromium issue. Once removed, the icon for Chromium was still present
in the Application Launch Bar. Clicking on the icon prompted a dialog box
saying that the application had been removed.

4. As soon as I begin to type in "AbiWord", the areas surrounding the
document within AbiWord begin to rapidly flash. Removing the text while
cause the flashing to stop.

Issues #1 and #4 have been occurring since I upgrade to 16.04. Issue #2
started occurring within the past couple of weeks. Issue #3 may not be an
issue, but rather a feature request.

Isaac Carter