Please share with your LoCos

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:48:10 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:39:29 AM Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
> On 11-05-24 09:13 PM, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> [..]
>
> > If you have an opinion on Ubuntu, please take 5 minutes to fill out
> > the following Ubuntu User-Experience survey:
> > http://is.gd/vnPvog
>
> Hi Mackenzie,
>
> I'd like to suggest to consider using LimeSurvey in the future for
> similar surveys. It seems it would support other languages than
> English-only and it's free software (added bonus).

I don't personally have a server capable of handling much load (the smallest
VPS Rackspace offers), so I was looking for a free hosted solution.

> Unfortunately the survey you propose will most likely only catch
> English-speaking users which carries several implications, and excludes
> an important part of Ubuntu users (IMO), specially those we'd most
> likely want to hear from.

I'm asking for folks to send me translations of the strings (if you don't want
to go through to find them, they're now on lp:~maco.m/+junk/survey ) so I can
set up parallel surveys in other languages.

> It's also not clear from the survey itself who is getting this data, how
> it will be used and if/how it will be shared. Your email is a good
> starting point but "a bunch of members" needs to be clarified. I get so
> much feedback about what's wrong with Ubuntu that this is bound to get
> expectations raised and generate even more questions.

C. de Avillez and I are working on the analysis of it. The results will be
made public.  At the moment, Kate Stewart and Jeremy Foshee also have access
to the results since they expressed interest when I took it to the QA team's
IRC channel.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo