Re-approvals for O-Cycle rules and overview

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at ubuntu.com
Wed May 18 17:33:03 UTC 2011

Good time of day, LoCo Teams!

It's the time of year again! Re-approval time, so it's time dust off
the team photos and fire out some wiki edits!

We have a *ton* of teams to review this year, so we have some ground
rules that need to be adhered to very closely. We really hate (and we
do) to be such a pedantic nit-picker, but it's to the point where we
can't (as the LoCo Council) slip on reviewing teams. Not good for you,
not good for us.

All you team administrators have been subscribed to the LP bug, if you
are the contact (and not the admin), please contact your local
friendly admin (or one of us on the LoCo Council) to get subscribed.

Here are the rules:

 * If the application is submitted before the release of Ubuntu
   Oneiric, we will consider it. If it failes to come in on time,
   we *will* have to throw it away. We're serious about this one.

 * We're looking for a few key things in particular this cycle. We
   really want to see up-to-date Team Reports. It's really something
   that needs to be enforced. We're also looking (as usual) for
   outstanding and sustained levels of activity.

 * The sooner, the better! We really need to make sure we get to
   everyone in a sane way, and that means that we're processing about
   2 applications a week. That's manageable, but not if everyone gets
   them in the month before release.

 * By the way, we love you guys. We know you guys have
   done awesome work so far, and we can't wait to see it! :)

Let's get those apps in!

Keep rocking!
Paul Tagliamonte
On Behalf of the LoCo Council

P.S.
  No extensions. We mean it!

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq