Release Party in Hollywood, CA - please help spreading the word!

Oren Golan orengolan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:50:09 BST 2010

Hi!

I host a release party in Hollywood -
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/441/detail/

I plan to mention it anywhere I can think of:

   - our company's blog/twitter/facebook
   - technical meetups (meetup.com) in LA
   - campus websites?
   - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/MaverickRelease
   - http://planet.ubuntu.com/
   - http://linux.ucla.edu/lugwiki/start
   - http://fossevents.org/
   - http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Crash_Space
   - http://www.machineproject.com/
   - http://032.la/
   - http://twitter.com/sugarshack

spam #ubuntu, #ubuntu-release-party, #ubuntu-locoteams
fliers on my way to work (1 hour commute on train+bike will provide plenty
of time to pitch it)

Please help me spread the rumor by telling your friends, writing a blog
post/identica/twitter or anything else that you can think of!

Thanks!

Here is the event's details (English is my second language so please correct
anything you want) -
Hollywood 10.10.10 Release Party
Let's celebrate Ubuntu's new release and meet new friends!

Who can come?
-------------
Anyone how is interested in free and open source software.

What are we gonna do?
-------------
- eat
- play ping-pong
- play x-box on a giant screen
- help people replace their Windows/Mac - with Ubuntu or other open source
alternatives
- Free Ubuntu CD give-aways

When?
-------------
Mon, 11 Oct. 2010 6:30 - 10:00pm

Where?
-------------
Borderstylo Offices
729 Seward St Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90038
(Free parking)

a few pics of the office:
http://borderstylo.com/posts/205-company-culture-at-border-stylo
http://borderstylo.com/posts/138-take-a-peek-inside-border-stylo

What we might talk about?
-------------
- Introduction to Ubuntu Desktop
- How to install Ubuntu on a typical laptop, PC or netbook
- Guided tour of the Desktop and basic admin
- contributing to open source projects (as developers and as
non-developers)
- crash courses in Python/Ruby/Unicycling (or any other topic people can
talk about)

Tech?
Free wifi

Should I bring anything?