Logging of Ubuntu LoCo Teams core channels

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 5 01:53:01 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Richard JOHNSON <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> And to add to my previous email.
>
> I think there are far better uses for a server than to host a bunch of log
> files of what will more than likely be nothing but fairly useless chatter
> or the members being social.
>
> I would rather see physical resources be utilized for making Ubuntu better.

I respect your opinion, Richard.  I understand the philosophical basis
and operational concerns with changes of this nature. I hope these
issues are raised with the LoCo Council in what I assume will be a
lively policy debate.

As outlined by the council there are quite a few good reasons for
taking this action in the case of the California Team. I for one feel
this action will help the #ubuntu-california channel and California
team move forward (become better) after the problems we have had for
so long and the numerous attempts by different people to address them.
 I welcome even more people to participate in our suddenly
increasingly popular channel.  This considered decision is not without
some good reasons. The server resources are negligible compared to the
many other problems some people acknowledge in our team. Anyone who's
been in the channel for a bit will understand some of the things that
have been going on.

Grant Bowman
Ubuntu Member
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam