Fwd: Ubuntu-Women subscription notification

|| स्वक्ष || vid at svaksha.com
Sat Mar 27 02:56:21 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 20:29, Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:

> privacy statement or the like for the Ubuntu mailing lists that would
> forbid it?

Not that I know of :) The Copyright probably rests with individual
posters but I wonder how one can have a privacy statement for a public
archive? (assuming all the ubuntu lists are public).

> You know, a clever spammer would subscribe with a gmail address and you
> would never even think about it...

I agree but these are more clever. Its completely automated and maybe
via gmail its harder to use a script to automate the id harvest as
compared to your own server, where you can use a script to harvest the
email id's that drop in your mailbox. IIRC, gmail will timeout**
quickly if you try a complete download of your mailbox, depending on
its size. </thinking out loud>

** this can be an isp and slow bandwidth issue too.

--
|| vid | http://svaksha.com ||