LoCo Directory developers would like some input

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 25 09:38:27 GMT 2010

On 24.03.2010 20:05, Fabian Rodriguez wrote:
> Ask the first-time visitors "What time is it for you right now ?" and
> store that as a cookie.

That sounds nice, but it might be problematic with DST changes.

I'd very much be in favour in a solution without any magic or crazy
assumptions as it's incredibly arduous to get it right.

Maybe for global events we should just use dates and for local events
just use local time. Then nobody gets confused.

Have a great day,
 Daniel