LoCo Directory developers would like some input

Rubén Romero y Cordero huayra at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 24 19:33:30 GMT 2010

The coordinates of the location/google maps will ALWAYS give you the
right time zone where the events are hosted.

I think that making the teams enter the events in UTC time really is a
bad idea. I personally find it very annoying.

But asking me for the time zone is reasonable. Converting local time
to UTC time should be trivial.

My NOK 0,02

R.

2010/3/24, Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab at ubuntu.com>:
> Laura Czajkowski wrote:
> [...]
>> Our question to the community is, what would be the impact on your use
>> of loco.ubuntu.com for planning local events, if times were entered and
>> displayed in UTC,instead of local time. If the burden is not great, we
>> will do that. If the burden is enough to significantly impact usage, we
>> will go the more difficult (for us) route.
>
> I wouldn't use it. I am already updting multiple calendars, wondering
> why I can't just "import event from XYZ". Dealing with timezones - I
> don't think so.
>
> Ask the first-time visitors "What time is it for you right now ?" and
> store that as a cookie.
>
> Optionally get user's time zone from Launchpad if logged in. (not sure
> if LP has timezone info).
>
> I think Drupal does it like that and some forum websites too.
>
> F.

Sendt fra min mobile enhet