Need help getting an Ubuntu Stack Exchange created through promotion

Isaac Bowen ikebowen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 03:53:49 BST 2010

In fact, Gmail thought this /was/ spam.

Imho, Stack Overflow is not spiritually a good match for Ubuntu. As a
product. That said, and issues of integration with the Ubuntu dev ecosystem
aside, functionally it surpasses Launchpad as a simple and low-bar-to-entry
solution for q&a. You could consider this as loosely analogous to using
proprietary hardware drivers, when an equally functional oss driver is not
available.

I think the solution here is to extend Launchpad, honestly. A Stack Overflow
instance would definitely be useful, but I don't know if Canonical/Ubuntu
should take ownership of it. Doesn't seem to fit.

--
Isaac Bowen