Ubuntu LoCo Re Approval Process

Dan Trevino dantrevino at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 21:51:21 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com>wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I’m writing to you from the Ubuntu LoCo Council.  For the Lucid cycle we
> have undertaken to look at the re approving all approved Ubuntu LoCos.
> This was discussed at UDS Lucid in
> November.(
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-lucid-loco-council-plans
> )
> <
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-lucid-loco-council-plans%29
> >

> We thought it best to publicise and inform everyone about the re
> approval process of a LoCo.  It was decided back at UDS to start this
> process.  It gives us a chance to see how LoCos are doing, if they need
> a hand in areas and to give you a chance to give us some feedback.
>
> How it will work, for all teams which have been approved over 2 years,
> a member of the LoCo Council is selected to be the point of contact with
> the LoCo team for re-approval, they will contact your Team contact /
> leader.
>
> They will attempt to contact you three times over one month.  Once
> contact is made,  you will then invite you to the next available  IRC
> meeting.  Using the method you were originally approved,
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved.  We just want to see how
> you’ve progressed, your activity, and if you’ve had any issues, how
> you’ve handled them.
>
> During this time, we may need to have more IRC meetings, but we will let
> you know when you are requested to attend. The re approval process is
> documented and the information is on the wiki
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval
>
> The members of the current LoCo Council you will hear from are
> regarding this re approval process are
>
> ·  Laura Czajkowski (czajkowski)
> ·  Alan Pope (popey)
> ·  Jan Claeys (janc)
> ·  Efrain Valles (effie-jayx)
> ·  Christophe Sauthier (huats)
> ·  Chris Crisafulli (itnet7)
>
> If you have any other queries about this, you can email us.
> loco-council<at>lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Regards
>
> Laura on behalf of the Ubuntu LoCo Council
>

> --
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
> http://www.lczajkowski.com
> Skype: lauraczajkowski

Its unclear to me if the renewal process requires a (re)application wiki
page.  The renewal wiki states that the *process* is the same, but does the
council want a re-approval wiki page?  Or do we just need to be able to
answer questions relating to the guidelines for approval?

Thanks!
Dan
---
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Open Standards!