How many Contacts are required per team ?

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Wed Jan 20 11:14:18 GMT 2010

Matthew East wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Hollman Enciso R.
> <hollman.enciso at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Recently we have created the Ubuntu Colombian Council in order to divide
>> responsabilities in the administration. We currently have 5 members of the
>> council, including myself, the LoCo contact.
>>
>> At the last meeting of the council they asked me that which scenario
>> may delegate more than a LoCo conctact? under which circumstances?
>> or if it exist some restriccion to have more than one official contact per
>> team. I have no found an answer so I ask the question here in the list.
>>

> I don't know if there is an official answer to this but my personal
> view is that a LoCo contact should be an individual as the whole point
> of the role is to have an individual who can be contacted when
> necessary. I believe that not every local team does things this way
> though. It would be quite good to have the LoCo Council clarify the
> issue.

I brought this up at last nights LoCo Council meeting, the consensus is
that it should be left up to the team to work out. Many teams operate
differently, some have a leader, others a team, and even some have
councils. It would be best left up to them to work out what suits them.

Depending on the make up of the LoCo , it makes sense in terms of
volunteers to have multiple people because people get busy, go on
holiday etc so long as it doesnt lead to confusion or lack of
communication between members of the "leadership".

Laura

--

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com