[loco-contacts] Spanish Flyers

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:34:16 GMT 2010

Greetings from Ubuntu-US-WI

I had a member of one of the state's LUGs ask me about information in
Spanish:

One of the things we tried to reach out and do in Chapel Hill was help those
> struggling to find work with computer skills.  There was a group set up for
> that, but it was mostly a Windows group, so it never really worked out.  The
> fact that there's a Spanish version really caught my eye.  I don't think
> there are as many Spanish speakers here as in Chapel Hill (I did my grocery
> shopping at a tienda often).  However, I know the cleaning crew where I work
> are mostly Spanish speakers.  In Chapel Hill I knew how to reach out to
> them, even though I don't speak Spanish, but here, I have no idea.  Do you
> have any thoughts?

I don't speak Spanish, but I'm wondering if somebody had some documentation,
flyers, that sort of thing that could be useful to hand out or get
information to people about?  This is an excellent idea before our first
Ubuntu User Days (which, as you hopefully saw, will be offered in Spanish
and English!).

Thanks for the time,

- Anthony Hook