Best Practices and Guidelines

Randall Ross randall at executiv.es
Tue Aug 24 01:30:16 UTC 2010

Who needs bugs anyways? ;) Let's discuss.

I suggest that we start with a *problem statement*. Several come to mind
based on this thread.

1) "LoCo's are not local enough" or,

2) "LoCo's would become more local if sufficient guidelines were put in
place to help them"

3) "LoCo's that are local need guidance to run/operate"?

I vote for number 1. (No surprise to many I guess.) Let me explain why:
We have over 12 million Ubuntu users worldwide and only 7 truly local
teams. That's a big problem. A community of our size should have many
many more. The lack of truly local teams hobbles our marketing efforts,
our visibility in the community, and possibly more. Our mindshare may be
shrinking for the first time in history...

Which problem do you all feel we trying to solve?

Cheers,
Randall
Ubuntu Vancouver LoCo