We need your help!

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 15 05:32:46 BST 2010

On 08/14/2010 08:28 PM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

> I'm on my android, please excuse its handling of emails.

I suppose that's fair enough.  I'll excuse the top-posting, too, then.
I read your email on my Android phone and then went to my computer desk
to actually reply.  I'm not very impressed that you would criticise
Elanor while doing the exact same thing and then blame your email
client.  You can use the [X] on the Quoted Text header to remove quoted
text, by the way.

As a member of the LoCo Council, I would expect you to be a little more
understanding of possible language barriers when reading an email and
not to immediately resort to passive-aggresive accusations.  It's really
tacky.

The crazy thing is that you might have just replied in this manner and
avoided calling Elanor's character into question altogether:

"While we have posted a notice on the Ubuntu Translators list, I think
this is a great opportunity for LoCo teams to get together and work on a
bite-sized project that can immediately benefit themselves and introduce
team members to the fun of translation.  That's why I sent a call of
action to this list as well."

Of course, I have no idea if something did get posted to Ubuntu
Translators because I am not fluent enough in Spanish or German to be
useful there.  But really I'm disappointed in the tone of your reply.  I
think we would all do well to think of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct before
we hit Send.

Regards,
Nathan

--