ShipIt Changes

Siegfried-A. Gevatter siggi.gevatter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:00:37 BST 2009

Hi,

2009/10/21 Dave Walker <DaveWalkeraubuntu.com>:
> I'm not sure I agree that Ubuntu Members are those that need the CD's
> most.  I would hope they would already know how to burn an ISO.

I guess the reason is that Ubuntu Members requesting CDs are expected
to be doing so in order to give them to other people, because as you
said in the paragraph above:

> [...] my main reason for having official CD's is the professional
> image it conveys when offering them to a stranger.

> the quote of "continue to make Ubuntu available on CD to everyone who needs it." leaves the question unanswered of those without broadband access or prior installations of Ubuntu to upgrade from.

As far as I understand it, those people (without broadband or previous
Ubuntu installation) are the ones who will still get CDs. If you read
a few lines above what you quoted:

Which is what Jane said they will do:
>>     We will change the language on the ShipIt site to make it clearer
>>     what we are doing.

Cheers,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3