ShipIt Changes

John Abbott fewclues at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:59:31 BST 2009

I am extremely disappointed in seeing this move.  Ubuntu Membership is
difficult or impossible for new users to qualify.  It is moving the
"community" further out of the reach of non-programmers and new Linux
users.  The elite nature of membership is also diminishing its
attraction to many.

I have been a beta tester for Ubuntu for six years.  I have generated
almost 100 error reports.  I have manually copied and distributed over
300 Ubuntu CD's.  I operate a Google Group dedicated to Ubuntu.  I teach
Ubuntu for Beginners once a week and have for six years.  And yet I
cannot establish a LoCo (although my group is in over 30 in number) and
I don't qualify for Ubuntu Membership.

Since it appears that Cononical is out of the free CD business, I
believe I am also.