Help promoting Ubuntu Global Jam

Nick Ali nali at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 20 06:58:27 BST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Jono Bacon<jono at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I wanted to see what ideas you folks have for better spreading the word
> and to see if anyone would like to help?

I think there are 4 things we could work on:

1) LoCos should not feel they have to do all themes. If the LoCo is
comfortable with one or two of the themes, they can work on that. Of
course, they can use the GJ as an opportunity to expose attendees to
different themes.

2) Web badges. Similar to what is being done for Developer Week:
http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/en/material/site-button/ubuntu-developer-week-fall-09-brown-website-button
and http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/en/material/site-button/ubuntu-developer-week-fall-09-orange-website-button

3) Videos. Jono's video on running a jam was well received. We should
do something similar for GJ.

4) Have fun! After the event, have something social to do, go for
food, go to a pub, anything that will encourage attendees to spend
time together.

nick

--
http://boredandblogging.com