LoCo tools, development

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:18:28 BST 2008

> That is a pretty interesting idea. Depending on how complex such a
> tool would be, have you considered whether it could be achieved by way
> of a drupal module that could be added to the Fridge? There is already
> an events module, but it could possibly be improved or supplemented to
> make it more interactive.
>
> http://fridge.ubuntu.com/

Sounds like you have an ideal framework set up already, we were
looking into drupel anyway. If we can get the login stuff, abstract
the cal for a front page (doesn't strike me as hard using rss) and
make sure all the interesting stuff is designed right I can see it
being a very useful starting point. I always thought of the fridge as
an inta-loco communication type site.

> We hope that the Fridge will be able to handle open-id authentication
> for users and editors alike in the not-too-distant future, so that
> might help. Developing your idea in that direction would also be
> consistent with a general push in the community to improve
> inter-community communication via the Fridge and to increase its
> visibility and contribution.

I'd like to know what other LoCo people feel about going down this
route, thanks for adding the fridge mailing list too.

Best Regards, Martin Owens