Legal entity

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Tue May 6 23:08:58 BST 2008

Hi Soren, I am not too sure about this. but here is a snip from the Gutsy
Open Week logs about Loco teams

22:05 <@popey>  < popey> QUESTION: Do you think that LoCos should
become incorporated (in some way) in order to handle money (paying for
space at venues, CDs, leaflets etc), or they should seek sponsorship -
others to handle the money?
22:06 <@popey> (was the first question, but got skipped)
22:06 < atoponce> popey: that would depend on the team. if they feel
that they cannot execute without it, then by all means, they should
seek it.
22:06 < atoponce> i wolud advise to be careful in this area though
22:06 < H264> popey: I'd seek sponsership
22:07 < atoponce> it's easy to get distracted and caught up in the
details of things like this, losing the greater goal
22:07 < H264> *sponsorship first
22:07 <@popey> that's all our questions

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Søren Bredlund Caspersen <
soeren.b.c at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> in the Danish LoCo team we are currently considering the possibility
> of forming a 'formal' association, which would be a legal entity. This
> would be done to enable the team to administrate money to pay for
> posters, rent locations for release parties and so on.
>
> However some have mentioned that Canonical might have a problem with
> this from a legal point of view (trademarks, etc.). So can someone
> 'official' (Jono Bacon?) confirm or deny that?
>
> Regards
> Søren Caspersen

Encryption Key (GPG PID): 19983D83
This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>