Everyone! LoCo Team Reports

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 31 10:41:09 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 10:32 +0000, Matthew East wrote:

> > > A Wikipage doesn't solve that problem.
> >
> > I never said it solves anything. I said it "helps to address that issue". It
> > _contributes_ to resolving the issue of lack of communication.
>
> Alan is quite right. In particular, the team reports can be circulated
> to the community via the news mailing list or the UWN, and community
> members can visit the page whenever convenient to read what is going
> on. It's an obvious benefit to have this information in one place, and
> the team report system has been accepted and approved all over the
> community, including by the Community Council.

Indeed - and in terms of the semantics of 'communication' - this process
has defined the Team Reports as a method communication - we are already
seeing a number of teams making use of the team reporting process, and
the reports are already proving useful; they provide a singular place to
find monthly updates on what the project as a whole is doing, and this
includes development teams, councils (including the Community Council
and Tech Board), and what I hope to include LoCo Teams too.

As more and more teams contribute to the reports, they will become a
staple part of our community - the specifics of the medium is
irrelevant.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon