Mailing List! (anyone!)

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 01:56:05 GMT 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 10:30 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Tony,
>
> On Jan 27, 2008 9:51 PM, Tony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 27, 2008 12:05 AM, Tyler Gillies <tjgillies at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Looking for anyone who has "add" access to create a mailing list so
> that
> > the hawaii LoCo group can come together. Thanks for any help! requesting
> > ubuntu-us-hi Thanks!
> > >
> > You'll have to file a support request for it by e-mailing rt at ubuntu.com.
>  As
> > the last thread noted, you can probably expect your list to be up and
> > running in mid-2012.  Good luck...
>
> As stated on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto the correct
> procedure is in fact to email mailman at lists.ubuntu.com with your
> request. Jono and the sysadmin team have long ago given a commitment
> to deal with such requests within a 2 week turnaround, so these sort
> of remarks are simply unnecessary (at least in relation to questions
> of local team mailing list creation).
>
> If you experience substantial further delay with the creation, please
> contact Jono directly, and if this is unsuccessful, the Community
> Council.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Matthew East
> http://www.mdke.org
> gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF

Okay....
a) From what I can tell, this change was never announced.  Please direct me
to the post on this list notifying team contacts of this, as I'm hoping I'm
wrong on this one.  However, the change in how to request web space wasn't,
which is part of the problem we ran into on that front, causing many months
of unnecessary delay.
b) There are currently at least 13 requests for new lists to be created in
the RT queue, dating back to October 4th, which is 16 weeks ago, not 2.
Additionally, it doesn't look like any of them have received replies
acknowledging receipt, much less explaining that the process has changed.
c) Who do we contact for delays in areas not related to mailing lists?  I
tried speaking to Jono about web hosting, but he hasn't been able to do
anything about it yet (this was a few months ago now).

I'm sorry if my posts are more irritable than you would like, but after
wasting over a year of my time and my LoCo's and still not getting
satisfactory responses from Canonical on LoCo-related issues (in the cases
when we've been lucky enough to get a response at all), I am extremely
disappointed and frustrated, and have very little patience left.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/