Actual replies from rt at ubuntu.com?

Chris Jones chris.jones at canonical.com
Wed Jan 23 10:58:56 GMT 2008

Hi

Brian Burger wrote:
> I managed to talk to "Ng", pointed him (her?) at my four-month-old RT

him (me ;)

> And it better be perfect, because any tweaks we want to do will have
> to go thru the same clumsy process.

Just one quick thing - while we can't allow direct access to PHP
portions of the theme, we could give you permissions to edit things like
static CSS files if you would like, so you can make (depending on your
theme, anything from minor to major) stylistic changes yourself. I've
not done much drupal theming work myself, but having reviewed a few of
them for LoCo sites, the PHP end of things seems to generally be quite
minimal, so hopefully would change less than the CSS.

Also, if anyone has any bright ideas about ways we can re-organise the
themes to minimise our required involvement in updating them, I'm all
ears! (e.g. I notice that most of the themes are variants on the ubuntu
theme. Perhaps much of this work could be unified into a generic LoCo
theme - which you could choose to extend as you wished, but would
provide a firm base to start with, that would just need you to upload
some logos yourself)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones