Who Is LoCo?

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Fri Sep 28 23:37:00 BST 2007

I know they keep improving Ubuntu and releasing it and every time I download it and try it. It's a good system for the people who like it and yes there are customers that prefer it. The point I'm trying to make is it will always be Debian and it's abilities to install software restricted to the Debian base. Ubuntu needs better compilers so it can adapt to non Debian programs. They also need an interface like is in Ubuntu Christian Edition which is what my pastor uses. I installed it on a new computer for him before I knew about PCLinuxOS. It still runs great but the e-sword or gnome-sword app has it's issues. Chock another one up for PCLinuxOS who's gnome-sword works just fine. Not sure why this is. I think if I remember correctly the defendguin game does not work in PCLinuxOS but thats trivial since most people don't have a computer just to play that game. I wish it would work.

Siegfried-Angel <siggi.gevatter at gmail.com> wrote: 2007/9/29, Pomeroy Lab :
> I don't think everyone has the same interpretation but thanks for letting me
> know where you stand.
>
> Siegfried-Angel  wrote:
> [...]

Yes, please ignore my messages, Marin Owens' is actually much clearer
(I had not seen it before otherwise I wouldn't have answered again).

About that points you say, some of them might be solved for you using Kubuntu.

Also I'd like to know when you last checked Ubuntu. Installation has
improved a lot, specially this last releases. If it's much time ago
you'd probably like to have a look at it again (in this case the best
would be to wait for Gutsy to be released, the 18th October).

Regards,

Linux User #438657. Ubuntu User #11680.