Who Is LoCo?

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Fri Sep 28 23:16:50 BST 2007

I don't think everyone has the same interpretation but thanks for letting me know where you stand.

Siegfried-Angel <siggi.gevatter at gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

A LoCo Team is an Ubuntu team and as such is naturally dedicated
mainly to Ubuntu. If you want a more general group, that's why LUGs
exist.

I don't understand where you see the problem. There should be LUGs
where people using all distributions get together, but there also need
to be teams specific to a single distribution, that can provide good
and precise support for it, actuate on events related to it, and
promote not only that particular distributions but also Free Software
in general. Their are not exclusive but rather should work together;
there may even be (and there are) people that participate in both, a
LoCo and a LUG.

And about your last paragraph, I'm not sure if I understand it at all,
but I see nothing against that a LoCo team could organize an event
together with a LUG or the community of another distribution.
Actually, the Catalan LoCo for example is going to celebrate the
release of Ubuntu's the next version (Gutsy) inside -and partially
sponsored by- a LAN Party, that has nothing to do with Ubuntu.

Linux User #438657. Ubuntu User #11680.

2007/9/28, Pomeroy Lab :