US Teams Mentoring Project IRC Metting

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 18:06:00 BST 2007

James Stansell wrote:
> On 9/13/07, *Martin Owens* <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I believe organisation and moderation are one of those light touch
>     ideas, you stand back and give members as much autonomy as possible,
>     keeping an eye on things and making sure no one is being unfair or
>     hurtful. Being in such an important position burdens one with the
>     responsibility to be respectful and above reproach in attitude and
>     example.
>
> Isn't it funny how some things can come into one part of your life, and
> seem to pretty much apply to things happening in another part of your life?
>
> FAQ's on Teams & Leadership: http://www.christopheravery.com/FAQ.htm
>
> The link above makes a lot of sense to me and seemed appropriate to
> share here.  (Mr Avery also has more posted on his blog and archived
> e-tips, for anyone who wants to read more.)

Well said.

Stating the obvious perhaps: I think it's important to recognize that while
we all share some goals, this list, as individual teams we don't share
every goal.  "Think globally. Act Locally." means our LoCo will be focused
on what we can do in the DC area.  The proposed IRC gathering is comprised
of a collection of teams.  Many LoCo teams, I imagine, work fine within the
resources they have.  But it appears we're trying to figure out how to be a
"team of teams" -- sort of -- and how to make the most efficient use of
resources, yes?

      [This message is digitally signed with the GNU Privacy
      Guard (GPG). See http://www.gnupg.org/ for more info.]

 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/
 Washington, D.C.  (USA)       |   Phone: +1.202.234.0213

           ". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer