US Teams Mentoring Project IRC Metting

James Stansell jstansel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:45:32 BST 2007

On 9/13/07, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe organisation and moderation are one of those light touch
> ideas, you stand back and give members as much autonomy as possible,
> keeping an eye on things and making sure no one is being unfair or
> hurtful. Being in such an important position burdens one with the
> responsibility to be respectful and above reproach in attitude and
> example.

Isn't it funny how some things can come into one part of your life, and seem
to pretty much apply to things happening in another part of your life?

FAQ's on Teams & Leadership: http://www.christopheravery.com/FAQ.htm

The link above makes a lot of sense to me and seemed appropriate to share
here.  (Mr Avery also has more posted on his blog and archived e-tips, for
anyone who wants to read more.)

Below are some excerpts that seem worthwhile to highlight.

Regards,

-james.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OklahomaTeam
How does a team form?

A team forms when a group of people care about a shared outcome and perceive
themselves responsible to each other for accomplishing it. You can be
assigned to join a group, but the process of a group becoming a team is
always informal, natural, emergent, and voluntary.
 <http://www.christopheravery.com/FAQ.htm#top>  Why is trust important to
teams?

Since personal contributions and rewards occur at different times but are
interdependent on what others do, trust provides the confidence that both
investments and outcomes will be fair.
 <http://www.christopheravery.com/FAQ.htm#top>  Can one person make a
difference on a team?

Adding or removing one individual can change team dynamics greatly. This is
a chief reason why Partnerwerks teaches that teamwork is an individual skill
set.

<http://www.christopheravery.com/FAQ.htm#top>What is leadership?

Leadership is any behavior that moves a group closer to its outcome.