request for release notes translations

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Oct 16 14:38:16 BST 2007

On 10/16/07, Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at canonical.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> One nice feature of the live CD is that we provide a link to the
> translated
> release notes from within the installer.  Of course, this depends on
> having
> translated release notes available, which is where you fine folks come in.
>
> Draft release notes are available at
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GutsyGibbon/ReleaseNotes>.  While these are not
> yet
> final, I expect that all the issues documented there will be included in
> the
> final release notes.
>
> Please coordinate your translations directly with Matthew Nuzum
> <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> (cc:ed), who can assist with including these
> translations on the website.

Post your release notes to the wiki using the same URL format as the Ubuntu
Weekly News Letter:

> /GutsyGibbon/ReleaseNotes/de    <-- please use lower case language code

Make sure to subscribe to the GutsyGibbon/ReleaseNotes page and also to your
translation page.

Once you've got your translation in place, send me an e-mail telling me. I
can update the redirect even after the CD releases, so if you can't get it
done by release time, go ahead and do it and send me the details afterwards.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode