Ubuntu LOCO

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:51:08 BST 2007

I think the question was more along the lines of the legality of them
being able have a team in the country of Sudan in terms of the
restrictions with the government there.

While I am not fully aware of the situation of the government in the
Sudan, from what I do know I think that they would have more on their
mind than to stop a group of people from using a specific operating
system.  With all of the turmoil, (recent) genocide, and food
shortages, a LoCo team (even if it would be illegal) could easily fall
through the cracks of what the government would care to concern itself
with.

I think it would be best if someone from the country itself asked this
list knowing better than us outsiders the restrictions on people in
that country.

Cheers,
David Overcash

On 5/14/07, Dean Sas <dean at deansas.org> wrote:
> Jocelyn wrote:
> > Dear all ,
> >
> > i was talking online with some linux users in sudan asking that if they
> > can make a Ubuntu LOCO there , i just wanted to ask my self is they
> > allowed to work on an LOCO their cause as per what they know and in
> > their mind this is forbidden for them . please advise ,
>
> As long as there isn't a pre-existing loco team in that country, anyone
> is free to start a team. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto
>
> Dean

http://www.funnylookinhat.com
AIM: FunnyLookinHat