Launchpad and loco team websites

Greg Grossmeier greg.grossmeier at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:04:37 BST 2007

No, it is not there.  It has been an issue with the Michigan LoCo Team
because people would sign up for a LP account but not make their email
public.  Then when I try to contact them, I can't.

Which is why I made the group moderated.  That way when someone requests to
join the team, I can say welcome and then "be sure to join the mailing list
at ...."  It is a pain, not only for team leaders but for team members.  I
have had a couple of people already say "there are too many places I have to
join to join the team."

But, this feature of LP (emailing all of the members of a group) is a known
"bug"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/39260

So, it is in the system, but hasn't been talked about for the last year.

greg

On 8/19/07, Kevin Cole <kjcole at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> One nice feature I'd like to see is the ability to use the Launchpad team
> membership lists as mailing lists.  At the moment we have people sign up
> on
> Launchpad, then someone copies their e-mail address to a Mailman list...
> (Or is it already there, and I'm missing the obvious?  It wouldn't be the
> first time.)
> --
> Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
> Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/
> Washington, D.C.  (USA)       |   Phone: +1.202.234.0213
>
>            ". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer

If you take a step towards Freedom, It'll take two towards you.