Introductions

Steve Smith steve.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 7 03:54:49 BST 2006

Perhaps I should add...

We've discussed that we're in a fairly unique position with our LoCo
team, in that it's in the same language as the rest of the Ubuntu
site.  We're aware that there's no point doubling up on what's already
available, or splitting it up pointlessly.  As such we're not really
using our ubuntu-uk.org at the moment, and instead concentrating our
efforts on the main wiki at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam.  The
mailing list is very active, although largely runs independently of
the activity on the  wiki (with obvious overlap).  We're concentrating
on building a support network around the wiki which will eventually be
useful to "average users" who wouldn't necessarily hang out on the
mailing list.  This is intended to be very UK-based, with support tied
to specific geographical areas, and with information about suitable
hardware and where you can get it from in the UK.

Steve