CD shipments to LoCo teams

rodrigo at debian-am.org rodrigo at debian-am.org
Thu Sep 1 08:57:15 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:59:32AM +0100, Jane Silber wrote:
> Hi -
>

> >(I know that Brazil team is distributing CDs as well...)

Hi Ondrej,

we are distributing, but the cds we burn here with our costs.

> The Brazilian team may be producing some CDs locally, but we are sending
> over 30,000 units a month to Brazil alone so I promise there is still a
> major operation being handled from Canonical.  I think you may be
> underestimating the amount of work involved in doing the picking,
> packing, labeling, shipping at the volumes we are dealing with.   Your
> offer to handle Eastern Europe would amount to almost a full-time job if
> you are doing all the packing, labeling, etc yourself! (And no, we can't
> hire people to do this job :) )

Hi Jane,

when you send cds to Brazil with costs described at receipt we must
pay taxes, but if you send zero cost at receipt, the cds pass thought.
More info[1]

[1] http://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/aduana/rts.htm

Cheers,

Rodrigo.