edgy regression on last ibook (was: Re: Problems with iBook G4)

Nathan Eckenrode Neckenrode at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 15:13:14 BST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 09:48, Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
Hello Keywan,

Please take into consideration that many of the people who actually are
working on the packages and applications are not working for Canonical,
rather many of them have very busy day jobs and during their free time at
night they are voluntarily providing the necessary support for the project.

If you are looking for support, then the ubuntu-users mailing list, the forums
at ubuntuforums.org, or the #ubuntu channel on IRC will be a much more
appropriate place to seek support.

With that said, there are going to be issues whenever you are dealing with
bleeding edge technology- that is the nature of the bleeding edge. As Edgy
Eft, is still pre-release there will be issues of stability - they are being
worked on, and I have faith that when it is released a majority of the
stability issues will be  ironed out and defeated, such as the way aRts fails
coming out of suspend on my powerbook - personally, I run the 'bleeding edge'
in order to actually have these problems, so that I can report them to people
who are more capable than myself.

Bug Reports are not ignored- in fact when you file a Bug Report, it generates
an email to the developer who is responsible for that package. The more
thorough and accurate your Bug Report the easier it is for the developer to
solve the problem - many times the problem is in replicating the bug in order
to fix it.

Alas, the purpose of this list, as I understand it, is not to provide support
to laptop users, but to enable developers who are interested in communicating
efforts to install, tune and develop on laptop platforms. I have been lurking
in the shadows here because I do run the next versions of (k)ubuntu on my
laptop and hope to be able to contribute data towards the efforts of
stabilising the OS and all its various components.

Sincerely,
Nathan Eckenrode
aka n8k99