Cannot enable WIFI & Bluethooth at fresh install of Kubuntu 24.04 LTS. «Hard blocks» or something else?.

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat May 11 11:43:35 UTC 2024

Hey there,

Bas G. Roufs wrote:

>Be reassured. Right now, I am writing this message under my veranda
>in my garden, while using Wi-Fi. Thanks God, this is possible now.
>Hallelujah!

This is very good news and I'm glad you're able to enjoy being out in
the garden on the veranda.

>The core issue in this context is a tiny switch at the left front
>side of my laptop - Lenovo X230. I bought this device late March
>2024. Then, I thought the switch was related to opening and closing
>the lid. After watching one of the videos you showed me yesterday,
>it became clear to me that the switch was related to turning off and
>on Wi-Fi. The hard block has been caused by the switch in the off
>position. The devil is in the detail.....

I feel your pain. There's a wiki program that I use that has several
icons nestled together in the top right corner. One of them
write-protects everything until it's clicked again, making it so you
can't change or add any data. I clicked that icon accidentally
without realizing it. It took me a while to figure it out and give
myself access to my data again. One tiny little switch or icon can
have great power.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.